We spent Sunday dinner as Grandma Calder's guests at Chuckarama, after we brought her home from Church. As usual, Grandma told us that she really likes the food at Chuckarama, but doesn't approve of the clientele. As usual, I told her that we look as scruffy as everyone else, what with my once-stylish linen suit that now just looks wrinkled, and the chubbiness that the three of us were not alleviating by the Chuckarama buffet.... Grandma said that she is ready, willing, and able to take the whole family to Chuckarama when Lisa's and Camille's families arrive in July. That is always a favorite event, as each grandchild fills a plate full of macaroni and cheese, scones, and mashed potatoes and gravy (just as did their parents before them).
Grandma slipped and fell on Sunday morning. She seemed relatively OK when we took her to Church, but her leg kept aching all night. Uncle Scott took her to the ER this afternoon. I think she has a sprain, but she wasn't home when I just tried to call. I'll let you know.
2 comments:
It sounds like everything back home is good for the most part. Send Grandma our love. We're excited to see Camille and Lisa and their families too. We love you.
Jenny and Jonny
We look forward to many great activities! My kids definitely have Chuck-a-ramma on their list!
Post a Comment