Sunday, May 2, 2010

Essence of the West

I flew to Boise April 28 for my Idaho Skills legal seminar, required of all new Idaho lawyers. The classes were mundane...
but after the schooling was over, I spent a few lovely hours at the World Center for Birds of Prey, outside the city.
This is where peregrine falcons were bred and released from the time there were only 30 left in the wild, until now, when they have been taken off the Endangered Species list.
This peregrine falcon was born nearly blind and so lives at the center.
The bird now targeted for breeding and release is the California condor. I got up close and personal with a bald eagle and other beautiful birds.



The most memorable part of the afternoon, though, was watching a storm come in, against the backdrop of mountains, wood fence, sagebrush, grasslands, and lonely road. It was the essence of the West.


As I arrived in the Salt Lake Airport, friends and family gathered to welcome missing members home.

I hurried towards Northland Drive for my own welcome.

1 comment:

Camille said...

You are getting better at your photo taking. I like the one with the corner and the fence with the storm.