Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Their Week--Fresh Faces


It was Their Week(s)--July 26 to August 6, 2010. My beloved Ebert grandchildren migrated to Newport Beach with their Ebert grandparents. I had to find new faces to photograph. Salt Lake is full of festivals and community gatherings in the summer, so I attended both the Salt Lake Farmer's Market and the Deer Valley First Annual Celtic Festival. I found some very interesting faces, though none so dear to me as Camille and her children.

The Farmer's Market is always bursting with good food, intriguing music, and colorful sights. This horn player sat down on the gravel and made exotic sounds as hordes of shoppers fingered their fresh corn and peaches around him. This little boy and his mom played violin duets...



as gardeners haggled over lilies...

and a magician did his tricks.

I love Celtic music, from bagpipes playing "Amazing Grace," to fiddles and electric guitars spewing out Irish rock, to soloists crooning "Danny Boy." I spent four hours Saturday afternoon at Snow Park Lodge in Deer Valley...

watching Celtic dancers...

Swagger, a Celtic rock band from Utah...

and, finally, the famous Young Dubliners from Ireland itself.


I couldn't take my eyes off one fiddler who swung his hair to the beat of his music.







Just as fun, though, was watching people dance to the rock music...

and display their tattoos...

wild outfits...

and catchy sayings.

Som just enjoyed being together.
The center woman's t-shirt reads, "You have to be this tall to ride this ride."

1 comment:

Camille said...

I love the people watching photos. The ones of the singer really capture the moment!