Monday, May 16, 2011

Snow Canyon Hike

Dave has run nearly every day for 30 years, and he has convinced all his children to be runners, as well. Michael ran the Salt Lake half marathon several weeks ago and is training for a whole marathon in Provo in June. Dave and I drove to St. George Friday night, April 29, "to mow the lawn," as Dave describes it. Michael joined us. On Saturday morning, Dave and Michael both took long runs. We then visited Dave's mom and Darrell, and, afterwards, we went hiking in Snow Canyon.
We took the Three Ponds trail, up and down past stunning formations of red rock.





Afterwards, we hung out at the Texas Roadhouse, eating peanuts and perfectly grilled ribeye steaks.





2 comments:

Jonny said...

You guys always have such a great time! Everytime I see pictures of red rock I remember why Southern Utah is one of my 3 favorite places in the world.

Mike Spendlove said...

Nice recap of the weekend... Also, the Snow Canyon pics are nice (either because you took them or because you chose them).