Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Man

June 17, 2012, was Father's Day.  I photographed a "day in the life" of our favorite Spendlove man, David.

We stayed overnight at the cabin Saturday night, enjoying the mountains.  It was just light when we left, early Sunday morning, so Dave could teach Priesthood Meeting.
After Church, the calls came flooding in.  Camille, Lisa, and Jonny all called to wish Dave "Happy Father's Day."  Michael wished Dave a happy day from Australia by Skype.


Dave made time for a Sunday afternoon stroll up City Creek Canyon with his good friend, Paul Larson.  Paul is head of the film program at the University of Utah.
Since no kids were around to share Sunday dinner, we celebrated Father's Day at Ruth's Diner, up Emigration Canyon.  It was cool and festive among the mountains and tall trees, with many city people escaping the heat.  Dave wore his "Spare Me the Drama" t-shirt.  "I'd never wear that shirt at work," Dave sighed.  "I make my living off drama."
Dave eased the evening away in his basement "man cave," sitting in his favorite chair and watching the NBA finals and the news.


2 comments:

Mike Spendlove said...

Ruth's Diner and the cabin... both places I'm looking forward to visiting when I get back. Sounds like a great Father's Day.

Camille said...

We wish that we could have been there to celebrate!