Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Don't Say Goodbye

 
We knew Lisa was heading home to Seattle on Friday, August 24, so Lisa, Dave, and I packed that last week full of treats. We already knew how much we'd miss Lisa and her family when they left.
On Monday, Lisa took the kids on the water slides at Seven Peaks and to the neighborhood Ice Cream Social.  I brought a container of berry banana homemade ice cream to the Social and, afterwards, I took the kids to a showing of the new Disney movie, "Brave."
On Tuesday evening Dave joined us for supper at the Spaghetti Factory, and he then took Lisa and the kids to a REAL Salt Lake soccer game.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
On Wednesday morning, Lisa took the kids to the Hope Gallery to see Carl Bloch's paintings and drawings of Christ.  Lisa and the kids saw one of the Bloch prints, "Pool at Bethsaida," again, as they toured the new Brigham City Temple on Wednesday afternoon with Herb and JoDee Flindt.  Then, after work, I accompanied Lisa and the kids to the BYU Art Museum, where they saw the "Pool at Bethsaida" painting again in the BYU collection!
The kids also loved the new "Beauty and Faith" exhibit on Islamic art at the BYU Art Museum.  "I think this is the nicest art museum I've seen," Kirsten said.
 
Afterwards, we stopped for dinner at Texas Roadhouse, to check out the peanuts, hot rolls, and ribs.

We then used our "Pass of All Passes" one more time to play miniature golf at the old Trafalga fun center.

On Thursday, we picnicked in Liberty Park with the Spendlove family. 
 
Janice was in town to help Charlotte with her new baby, Jett.  Janice, Charlotte, and Tony Alvey, Charlotte's husband, joined us at Liberty Park.  Tony was home for a few weeks from his job, flying a commuter jet.  Charlotte and Tony brought Cocoa, their beloved dog, to share with those ardent dog lovers, the Flindt kids.  Ashley Moreland also took a break from her job supervising the shoe department at Nordstrom's to come, but Joshua had to work at the climbing gym. 
 
 
 
Darrell Moench  got comfortable with his book as Nancy listened intently to the family chit-chat. 
 
 
 Dave's mom and her Darrell brought a pizza and fruit, and checked up on all the family.
Lisa took Bryce and Alyssa home to bed after the picnic, since they were leaving at 3 a.m. Friday morning.  Dave and I treated Kirsten and Grant to one more movie--"Saints and Soldiers--Airborne Creed."  It is a Mormon- made film about the morality of war that may not be widely distributed in Seattle.
 
 
During all the sightseeing and parties of the week, Lisa and the kids still had time to swim at Northcrest.   Bryce and Alyssa learned to jump from the diving boards.  Grant and Kirsten were old hands.
 
 
 
 
 
It was very hard to say goodbye!

2 comments:

Jonny said...

You guys don't slow down, do you?! I lost count of all the fun activities you guys did.

Lisa said...

Mom I loved being with you and dad as we ended our vacation in style. Walking through an art museum is always a treat with you mom because you stop to read everything and even notice the pottery and jewelry, commenting on how wonderful each is. Dad I am so glad that you put together the Spendlove party the night before we left when you had work off. A Spendlove party is not a party with out you. You love us all so very much and it is evident in your generosity and close relationships with your brother, sisters and grandma. Thank you both for all the memories.