I love dogs--to look at. After years of sweet Clifford trampling my flowers and defecating on the back lawn, I don't want to raise another dog. I am charmed, though, by fuzzy terriers, overweight bulldogs, and especially by mutts so indeterminate that they need their DNA tested to figure out their breed.
"Strut Your Mutt" is Salt Lake City's answer to dog owners' pride, dog lovers' cravings, and the curiosity of those who want to see the winner of the "biggest dog head" contest.
By 8 a.m. on September 22, 2012, dogs and their owners converged on Liberty Park from all directions.
The canine corsage posters were up. The Belly Rub Hub was ready. The Humane Society had dogs to distribute to anyone who didn't have one.
Some dogs were dressed in sweaters and tutus.
Some dogs were in tight embraces with their owners.
Some dogs were practicing for the "kiss your dog" contest.
Some dogs were gorgeous, unadorned.
And some dogs supported their candidates.
3 comments:
The Saint Bernard near the top of your post gets my vote.
Mom has this strange relationship with dogs.
Wow, I really missed out on this one. I really would love to see this sometime... I hope it's an annual thing. Also, the description of Clifford defecating on the back lawn is an interesting juxtaposition... Dogs are much cuter when they defecate on someone else's back lawn, aren't they?
Post a Comment