Thursday, July 11, 2013

My Birthday: A Shower of Favorite People and Things

"The party begins as soon as you walk in the door," I told my vivacious niece, Charlotte Alvey, as she arrived for Sunday dinner on March 17, 2013, with her new baby, Jett. We missed Tony, Charlotte's husband, who is an airplane pilot and often flies on weekends. Charlotte's brother, Joshua Moreland, soon joined us with his wife, Ashley.  With the addition of our son, Michael, the party was complete.  David is very fond of Joshua, who is witty and fun, like his uncle.
All of us admired cute Jett, with his huge brown eyes.
I often cook corned beef and cabbage for St. Patricks Day, but the Morelands and Alveys are vegans.  "Yes, that would be too gross," Charlotte agreed, when I said I had skipped the corned beef.  They stretched their principles and shared some salmon, along with salads and fruit.
St. Patricks Day is my birthday, and Dave provided the perfect dessert--cake from Market Street Broiler.
Michael was my only child at the party, and he remembered me with a sweet note and my favorite chocolate bar--Cadbury's fruit and nut.
Camille, Jonny, and Lisa all called, and showered me with a miscellany of treats, including a bouquet of flowers delivered to my office on Monday, so I could enjoy it all week, and a book by my cousin and favorite Church author, Henry B. Eyring.
 
 
Dave found a luxury I had never even seen before--cake pops!
I felt very loved.

2 comments:

Gretta Spendlove said...

We are so very lucky to have mom.

David

Lisa said...

I love you mom. You are the heartbeat in our home. We love dad too. He is a wonderful example of Love, Compassion and has a great work ethic.