I have been on the Board of Directors of CREW Utah for the last four years. CREW is a national organization for women in commercial real estate. My particular job has been to oversee some 20 events per year, from luncheon speakers to dine-arounds at restaurants, to "member mixers" at picturesque spots, to "breakfast coffees." On June 11, 2013, CREW members took a tour of the new, half-built federal courts building, led by a female project manager from Okland Construction. We donned hard hats and boots, then rode up the service elevators and checked out the insulation and wiring, as well as the finish work. The members have very different careers. These three women are an art consultant, a developer of industrial spaces, and a commercial appraiser. There are also bankers, lawyers, real estate brokers, architects, engineers, owners of landscape companies--the strength of the organization is the diversity of its members.

I was particularly interested in seeing legal spaces I'd never seen or stood in before, including the holding cells for criminals appearing in court to get sentenced, and the judge's dias in the soon-to-be-completed federal courtroom.
Dave and I spent the weekend at the cabin, trying to chill out after heavy work weeks. By June, the trees are leafy and lush in the mountains.
Dave finds the cabin a peaceful place to plan a Church lesson or watch the news.
We were back home in time for Church and to host Michael for Sunday dinner. I am experimenting with ethnic dishes and discovered the ultimate chicken curry, rich with coconut milk and an armful of spices--coriander, cinnamon, turmeric, to mention just a few. Michael mixed an authentic mango lassi.
3 comments:
That chicken curry must have tasted wonderful. I wish I had been there to taste it.
I love the Cabin. Peaceful and quiet
Dave
Maybe my kids can join you on such fun CREW field trips!
Post a Comment