Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Birthday Girl

I know I'm getting old when I have to search through two years of photographs to find an image of myself which I like--and then it includes a laundry basket!  I turned 67 on March 17, 2017.
"You're number 13," I teased Michael, when he called me late in the evening of March 17.  That's a family joke from the time I called my mom to wish her happy birthday, when she was in her 90s, and she responded, not entirely in jest, "You're number 13."  I so appreciated my four adored and adorable children remembering me with calls and emails, as did David, my brother Scott, Darrell Moench (who has a special talent for remembering birthdays), and a whole host of Facebook friends.
 I even got texts from the grandchildren!
And Heidi decorated a cake for me--her specialty moist chocolate cake covered with pink flowers. The trickiest part--figuring out how to turn on the electric lighter for the candles.  That was a lot of cake!  Heidi grew up in an "eat the leftovers" family, an achievement I sought with little success. I imagine Michael had chocolate cake in many a lunch bag!

No comments: