I have grown more and more interested in genealogy throughout the last few years--learning who my ancestors were, and how and where they lived. I enjoy tracing the Calders, whose ancestral home is in the northeastern tip of Scotland, as they spread out into Canada, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, and the United States. I pore over the "Memories" collections of the LDS Family Search website, which include such treasures as this photo of my father, Grant Calder, and his college debate partner. There are also photos and stories about ancestors further back, contributed by their many descendants. My grandson, Grant, posted one of my write-ups about an ancestor on the Family Search website.
As I find new names of ancestors, I do religious ordinances in the LDS temples for them, helping to link families together, bit by bit. I believe, of course, that whether any ancestors accept these ordinances is completely up to them. In the process, I have come to love the beauty and symbolism of LDS temples. On October 20, 2018, Dave and I visited the newly remodeled Ogden, Utah, temple, one of more than 30 LDS temples in which we have worshipped.
Most temples are decorated with a theme that repeatedly occurs in the stained glass, upholstery, and carpet. One design theme at the Ogden temple is the rose. According to one of the temple workers with whom we spoke, there is a particular variety of rose which is associated with Ogden.
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment