Lisa and Kyle made a quick trip, the weekend of January 8, 2021, to pick up all the gifts they and their two at-home children, Alyssa and Bryce, received at Christmas. Lisa couldn't join us in Utah for Christmas Day because she was then working at a job that required her to quarantine for a week every time she left the state of Washington. Lisa and Kyle chose their treats by Facetime, and Lisa was delighted with them.
Kyle and Lisa now have a baby granddaughter--Spencer and Naomi's Eliza. Naomi keeps her baby looking stylish, with lots of hairbows and knee-length stockings.
I am trying to improve my skills as a pit master. I served the Flindt clan a Southern meal of barbecued brisket, mac'n'cheese, cornbread, cider, and crackers with pimiento cheese spread. I assured my guests the pimiento cheese spread was authentic--Dave and I ate pimiento cheese spread just like mine for lunch at the Lady Bird Johnson Botanical Garden in Austin, Texas!
I have a fancy new Traeger wood-fired grill and I am struggling to learn to use it.
Michael K and Rebekah Flindt now live in SLC, and we love to see them often. Rebekah works for Goldman Sachs' fraud division and Michael K is finishing his degree in computer science.
Kirsten is back from her mission to Kansas and studying lab science at BYU.
Naomi is finishing up her Ph.D in chemistry at BYU and Spencer is a business consultant with McKinsey.
Grant and Meg are newly-weds. Both are BYU students, with Meg majoring in family science and Grant taking the MCAT this spring for medical school.
Dave is reluctant kitchen help. He is always relieved when I have enough other willing helpers so that he can relax in a soft chair and just wait to be fed!
Camille's family was on vacation in Mexico and missed the Flindt Fest. Mike, Heidi, and Audrey were able to come. They are three of our most loyal guests. "Your dinners are a highlight of my week," Mike says.

No comments:
Post a Comment