Sunday, June 6, 2010

Big Date

Friday night, June 4, Dave and I drove to the cabin for dinner with our friends, the Emmers and Wildes. We stayed overnight, and woke to a bright green, spring-filled world.

There were even daffodils planted by Grandpa Spendlove in years past.
Someday, maybe we'll take down the "Spend Love Nest" sign, but not yet.
Dave showed me, with pride, the pile of lumber he created from demolishing the sagging fence around our lot.
Then, we were off on a 4-wheeler ride around Pine Mountain...
pausing for views of the mountains across the valley...
and picturesque barns and fences.

Saturday evening, Dave and I drove to Saltaire...
to watch the sunset over the Great Salt Lake.
There was a concert by the rock group, "Corn," that we would have attended, if it weren't for the $40 ticket price, the discordant sounds floating out the windows, the solid wall of people in the darkened concert hall, and the fact that no one there was older than 25.
When we told Michael we nearly attended a "Corn" concert, he was very silent. "I wouldn't have thought that would appeal to you," he finally said. "Those guys scream and tear their hair out." Another time. Instead, we walked through the muck and sand to the edge of the Great Salt Lake.
We savored the exquisite views of water, sky, and Antelope Island.




We finished our date with an old favorite, salad at Cinegrill.



3 comments:

David Spendlove said...

We really packed in a lot of fun for what seemed like a simple day. Thanks for spending the day with me.

Jonny said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. Jenny and I have good memories out at the Great Salt Lake. I'm glad you didn't buy tickets to Korn. I don't know anyone personally who would go to a Korn concert, so I'm glad it didn't start with my parents.

Camille said...

Mom,

Your pictures are beautiful! I am inspired to take the kids to the Great Salt Lake and stay until sunset this summer!