
Jonny and Jenny came home June 9, 2010. They had nonstop celebrations from Wednesday through Sunday, as their friends, Jenny's family (the Leathams), and we splintered their time into a mosaic of fun.

Jonny was so exhausted by the end of the weekend that he sighed,"I can't even talk anymore." The fun Dave, Michael, and I shared included a REAL Salt Lake soccer game, supper at the Red Iguana, a Saturday night feast with the Leathams at our house (including my newest specialty, triple chocolate orange mousse cake), and a traditional Sunday dinner.

Dave and I also enjoyed a whole day at the cabin with Jonny on Friday. We talked nonstop, and punctuated our conversations with lunch at the Gateway Grill in Kamas. Jonny chose a sandwich with curly fries, followed by chocolate cake that caught the envy of his dad.

On June 12, I attended another gathering--lunch with my female Calder cousins at the Lion House.

The whole group was there--(left to right) Janet, Millie Kay, Cal, Sally Joyce, I, Colleen, and Susie. Janet is Uncle Ham's daughter, Millie Kay is Uncle Howard's, Cal belongs to Aunt Sally, and Sally Joyce, Colleen, and Susie are daughters of Uncle Dave. We shared stories old and new and Cal even promised to divulge Aunt Sally's fruitcake recipe.

Jared Moench came home from his mission to Spokane, Washington, and gave his homecoming talk on June 13. Jonny slipped into the chapel to hear it just before he and Jenny left for the airport to return to Chicago. Dave and I then congregated at Nancy and Darrell Moench's home for a reception and dinner.
1 comment:
Sounds like fun! I can't wait to join you soon. I only wish that Jonny and Jenny were still there for their summer trip home!
Post a Comment