
I took a tray of my Viennese chocolate walnut squares to Robin Kimball's house.

I am a member of Robin's "team" which puts on wedding showers for ward members. Tonight was the shower for Zane Miller and his fiance, Erin Summers. It was the fourth shower of the summer, with one more to go, and I have provided food for three showers so far. As I walked into Robin's kitchen and saw Pam Johnson arranging pink roses on the tables...

Robin spreading out her team's feast on the counter, and the ladies, some expecting babies and and some carrying oxygen tanks, beginning to fill their plates with food...



I thought, "I really love these people and this place and this party." So many of my favorite people were there--Robin Kimball, Tracy Cannon...

Pam Johnson, Robyn Petty, Julie Monson...

Janet Hunter...

Marilyn McSweeney, and so many more. We laughed and talked and gestured (and even checked Blackberries) around the table...

and then gathered to watch Robin Kimball play the role everyone relished--interviewer of the bride and groom.





"When did you know you loved her?" Robin asked Zane. "Tell us about your first kiss." "Where are you going on your honeymoon?" "What is it about Zane that makes you want to live with him forever?" We laughed, they laughed, they told us some things and didn't tell us others, and we all shared in the wonder and delight of young hopes and romance.

And then Zane and Erin opened the huge plastic bags that contained the "group gift"--a Kitchenaid mixer and a set of pots and pans. As the party ended, we hugged each other, shared cookies and salads to take home to husbands and children, and left, filled with a great desire to do it all over again for Tyler McSweeney on August 19. "Robin," I called out, as I walked towards my home next door, "I'll be on your team any time."
1 comment:
This is just soooo sweet!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment