Tuesday, August 24, 2010

OUR WEEK--Millcreek Canyon

"Fire and water will always attract kids," a friend told me once, and I've remembered that when planning outdoor hikes and parties. During our cookout in Millcreek Canyon, we had both fire and water (a bonfire and a creek), and marshmallows and watermelon, too! No wonder we had such a good time.
Camille was the fire master, using skills she learned as a Brighton Girls Camp Counselor long ago.


The kids gathered round, poking the fire to keep it going.
The entree was a tin foil dinner of hamburger, carrots, and potatoes, cooked in the hot coals.
The "side" was watermelon...


and the dessert was roasted marshmallows.


with or without chocolate and grahm crackers for "somemores."

The party was complete when Grandpa came.

2 comments:

David Spendlove said...

Gretta,

So wonderful that you do this. Great pictures wonderful memories

Jonny said...

Mom,

I wish Jenny and I could have been at all of these events (even though she made it to one of them). These pictures remind me of many things I love about Utah, including dry air.