Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Born to Run

 
Dave and I joined Camille's family in St. George during the weekend of January 22, 2012.  Dave Burkett and his daughter, Chelsea, were our houseguests, as well.  We were all there for the St. George half marathon.  Dave and Chelsea ran the half marathon and the rest of us ran/walked/shuffled the 5K.
The race officials were pretty loose--there were whole tribes of runners following leaders holding up signs with their anticipated final time (i.e. "2 hours") and there were skinny (and chubby) mamas pushing baby strollers.  Jono and Emilie raced ahead and Annelise and Sophie hurried behind at a walk/run.  Dave and I brought up the rear, strolling along and doing serious people-watching.  I even stopped to pose at the one-mile marker.
After the race, the kids pulled on their ski hats and ski coats--it was chilly even in St. Geoge.

After the race, we relaxed at the condo, reading books and watching movies.
On Sunday morning, we attended Church at the Coral Canyon ward, where there are even more interesting things going on in the cultural hall seats (with the zillion toddlers) than at the pulpit.  Dave and I then drove home "the back way," pausing to admire the view from the west side of Utah Lake.

2 comments:

Jonny said...

St. George is always good for a few lasting memories. I liked the pictures of Camille and Steve's family in their running bibs, and the one of you hanging over the 1-mile marker.

Camille said...

That was such a fun weekend for all of us. I think the kids will always remember their run with Grandma and Grandpa!