Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Easter with the Fun Bunch


Charlotte Alvey and Joshua and Ashley Moreland are very fun people.  They take after their mother, Dave's sister Janice, who, as the kids say, "lives to have fun."  Charlotte, Joshua, and Ashley joined us for Easter dinner--they were without parents here in SLC, and Dave and I were without kids.  We spent the evening talking and laughing about Joshua's mountain climbing, Ashley's job as an assistant manager at Nordstom, and Charlotte's new baby and pilot husband Tony. We wished Tony was with us, instead of in an airport or plane somewhere.  We then laughed and talked some more about Dave's and my kids and their odd exploits, from Camille spending three months driving through Europe with six kids in a van to Michael plotting the perfect vacation in Mongolia and Tibet. 


Since Charlotte, Joshua, and Ashley are vegetarians, we nixed the ham and lamb, and substituted grilled portobello mushrooms as our Easter entree.  The mushrooms were a bit slimy, but the vegetable and fruit salads and tomato soup were better.  Alas, the homemade angel food cake collapsed in the oven and was served as a cookie, along with the lemon curd and whipped cream.  It was "fallen angel" cake, Joshua suggested.  We planned for a couple of reunions--one for Joshua to bring his climbing ropes and lead us down Orderville Canyon in Zions Park, and one for me to serve a better angel food cake!

2 comments:

Mike Spendlove said...

Looks fun... I wish I were there to enjoy the good food and good company!

Jonny said...

I miss those Sunday dinners at home! I'm impressed that you would attempt to make angel food cake, even though it didn't quite turn out.