On Friday night, April 1, 2016, we gathered with Jenny, Sam, and Henry to say goodbye, before they returned to Miami. Jonny flew back to Miami on Tuesday, March 29, after his St. George weekend, and Jenny stayed the rest of the week in SLC with her parents. "The first time I called Jonny, I wasn't sure he missed us," Jenny said wistfully. In his week without family, Jonny ran every day, read two books, and lost six pounds. "The most recent time I called, though, he was ready for us to come home," Jenny said.
We met at Olympus High for Emilie's lacrosse game, as Olympus beat Skyline! I sorted Emilie from the other players by her long, blond ponytail, and Camille kept track of her by her neon yellow shoelaces. A more prosaic way--the #4 on her jersey! We then ate supper at Camille's house. Camille cooked chicken stew with Greek olives, served over foccacia bread with fig jam and sliced cheese. David made his signature green salad, and I made the fruit salad and mint brownies. Sam wandered through the kitchen as we worked, savoring a single blueberry, a raspberry, and a blackberry. He had gotten an "owie" on his forehead during his visit to SLC, but he was still in fine spirits. Henry slept in Camille's bedroom
Monday, April 4, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment