Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Grandpa Dave and His Pals


Steve and Camille Ebert were in Boston during the weekend of April 15-17, 2016, where Steve ran the Boston Marathon and Camille visited friends and family.  One surprise connection was a joint visit to Camille's Sudbury friend, Roz, and to Liz Calder.  Roz' husband is Liz' singles ward bishop! Dave agreed to take Ezra to his lacrosse game in Draper and his football game in East Millcreek on Saturday morning, as I did Dave's household jobs--cleaning bathrooms and vacuuming throughout our three story house, as well as my own mopping, laundry and dusting.  Dave also took Ezra to lunch and provided me with photos as blog-fodder.  As I checked my Fitbit, which said I climbed 54 floors on Saturday, I decided I did not get the better end of the deal!
 Ezra was a talented goalie.
 Grant Flindt, who is in the Missionary Training Center learning Slovakian, asked for lots of pictures with our emails.  David acknowledged Grant's need for pictures and sent him this one.

 Dave started Saturday morning with a long walk with his friend, Richard Carman.  Richard and Dave used to run together, but Dave reverted to walking when friends who walked passed him as he ran. The Salt Lake Marathon wove around SLC on Saturday morning, and Dave passed the runners on South Temple and again in Holladay, as he drove to pick up Ezra.  Dave watched the race wistfully, since one of his happiest achievements was running a marathon himself in three hours and five minutes.

No comments: