Monday, November 6, 2017

On the Town with Mia and Ezra

I'm trying to catch up on my debts.  I promise my descendants birthday money and gifts, but it takes a while to get it to them.  When Ezra Ebert told Annelise I was taking him shopping for his birthday, Annelise said, "That's too early.  Your birthday isn't until February."  Actually, the shopping was for last February.  Regardless, we had lots of fun together, and finished it off with "concretes" at Nielson's Frozen Custard.  Cherry almond was my favorite.
Mia and Ezra are modern kids.  They both chose smart watches that they could text on to their friends.  Ezra also bought "reality" glasses, which he could attach to his mom's iPhone and see 3D videos, with images floating around himself.
I picked Mia and Ezra up in my "garden car," filled with shovels and huge bags of dirt.  When I told the kids we are landscaping our back yard, Ezra said, "Grandma, it's too small.  There's no room for landscaping there."  Actually, there is room for a bulldozer and a constant crew of landscapers, yanking out those ugly phitzers that Dave loved so well.  The digging revealed just how bad our soil is.  "It looks like roadbed," the landscaper commented.
 We are putting in retaining walls and even a "pergola" to serve appetizers and desserts in.
We are also doubling the size of our lawn, so as to be able to have even larger garden parties than the 50 people who attended Michael K's wedding dinner last summer.  Kristin and Grant Flindt, we're ready for you!

1 comment:

Jonny said...

Wrong brand of compact excavator but otherwise a nice post.