"I'm feeling like a luau," I told Camille, and she agreed that we should embrace that feeling. On October 8, 2017, Camille's family, Mike and Heidi, Kirsten, Herb and JoDee Flindt, and Alan and Shauna laughed, talked, and ate with us as "The Hawaiian War Chant" and other music of the islands floated through the house.
"The pig" (or a part thereof) was nestled in the crockpot, doused in Liquid Smoke to make up for not being slow roasted in a hole in our back yard. I remembered Michael's and Jonny's days on the East High football team, with their many Tongan teammates. The fall fundraiser was a luau, with a whole pig roasted in a hole at the end of the football field!
There were leis for everyone, as well as orchids on the table, and a meal of roast pork, huli huli chicken, fresh fruit, and coconut cake for dessert.
Sunday, November 5, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment