Sunday, January 3, 2021

Never Enough Bryce and Alyssa

Lisa arrived, late on November 20, 2020, with Kyle, Alyssa, and Bryce.  Everyone got a bed but Bryce.  I figured Bryce could make himself comfortable under the fake bear skin and the cheetah throw in the downstairs Timp Room, on the couches, or on the portable mattresses.  Someday Bryce may tell me I didn't fuss enough over him, but, for now, I figure a teenage boy can forage for a place so sleep, so long as I feed him well!  Lisa’s family has a big week ahead of them.  Spencer and Naomi’s daughter, Eliza, will get blessed this weekend, Grant and Meg will get married, and we will then have Thanksgiving together in St. George.

Bryce and Alyssa are special favorites (as are all my grandchildren)!  When they were little, Lisa put Bryce and Alyssa on the plane in Seattle and I picked them up at the Salt Lake Airport.  They then spent a couple of weeks with Dave and me and with their Flindt grandparents, down the street. I remember a trip to Lagoon in which Bryce, Alyssa, and I rode every roller coaster while Dave waited for us below, dizzy at the very thought of getting so "shook up."  We then ate pineapple slushies together.  Bryce and Alyssa have grown up to be talented and charming young people.  They are good athletes, they get good grades, they excel at their part-time jobs, they go to Church.  What's not to like?

I kept the food coming.

No comments: