
We then went downstairs to Mike's theater room, where Mike, Dave, and I all lounged on huge, fuzzy beanbag chairs and watched the game. Calder wandered in and out, cuddling with Mike on his beanbag.
The only years I regularly watched football were in the early 2000s, when Mike and Jonny played football for East High School in Salt Lake City. I even wore leopard-patterned dresses and blouses to work on game days, to support the East High Leopards. I did enjoy watching the Peach Bowl on New Years Day. Mike kept up a running patter of explanations of all the plays and strategies. The game itself was exciting, with the teams going into double overtime before the 5th ranked Texas Longhorns finally beat the 4th ranked Arizona State Sun Devils, 39 to 31. We rooted for the Sun Devils, which are members of the same league as BYU and the University of Utah.


No comments:
Post a Comment