The next Saturday, September 6, Dave and I ate at the Greek Festival. Attending that annual event is a hard-wired family tradition. I would waste away without a yearly infusion of calamari, dolmathes, moussaka, and lemony Greek rice, brightened by Greek music and dancing.
Saturday, December 27, 2014
Dinner by Any Name
Dave, Camille, and I have all fallen in love with "The Red Barn," the ice cream, fresh produce, and food storage store in Payson, just off the freeway to St. George. Camille asked if we could stop at The Red Barn on the way home from St. George on September 1 and buy her "apples and anything else that looks good." A mini-tractor drove right into the cold storage room of The Red Barn, while I was there, and dropped off a load of just-picked apples. I brought a bag of those to Camille, as well as The Red Barn's fresh-squeezed cider. The Red Barn's fresh produce is one answer to "What's for dinner?"
On Monday, September 1, Dave and I dined on Hawaiian food at the Thanksgiving Point luau. It was not Kauai-quality roast pig and chicken long rice, but I will eat fresh pineapple, chicken with teriyaki sauce, and coconut cupcakes with anyone, anywhere. Members of the cast wandered among the guests, graciously posing for photos.
The next Saturday, September 6, Dave and I ate at the Greek Festival. Attending that annual event is a hard-wired family tradition. I would waste away without a yearly infusion of calamari, dolmathes, moussaka, and lemony Greek rice, brightened by Greek music and dancing.
The next Saturday, September 6, Dave and I ate at the Greek Festival. Attending that annual event is a hard-wired family tradition. I would waste away without a yearly infusion of calamari, dolmathes, moussaka, and lemony Greek rice, brightened by Greek music and dancing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment