Thursday, December 25, 2014

Mansion Meal with the Morelands

"The party starts as soon as a Moreland walks in the door," I told Charlotte Moreland Alvey, the daughter of Dave's sister, Janice.  Janice's kids are special favorites of ours--they are friendly, fun, and always involved in interesting adventures.  Michael invited the Moreland crowd to dinner at his Victorian mansion on Sunday, July 27, 2014.  Camille, Michael, and I concocted a vegetarian menu, since the Morelands now substitute cashew butter and quinoa for meat and dairy products.  "Do you eat salmon?" I asked Charlotte.  "Yes, at a party," she said, "but beef--it's too gross."  Charlotte's husband, Tony, was in town from his pilot job with a Continental Airlines feeder line.  He held his toddler, Jet, and talked with Ben, who will soon leave for a mission in the Philippines.  In the meantime, Ben hones his skills as a tightrope walker (except the rope is loose and slung between two trees or posts in a park).

 Charlotte is expecting another baby in November.  It's a boy, and her friends suggest "Boeing" or "Piper" as the name.
Janice now lives in Centerville, next door to Dave's sister, Nancy.

No comments: