Jonny and Jenny were in town for two weeks in May, and they attended a swirl of parties thrown by family and friends. J&J's friend, Jane Swallow, hosted one particularly witty event, with parlor games and luscious food. Jonny told me what a great hostess Jane is. After some urging, Jonny admitted that, "Yes, Mom, you give great parties, too." On May 22, 2016, I invited my clan and Jenny's family to "Mama Gretta's West of Nashville Rib Shack" (according to a sign posted on the front door". I handed out name tags with Southern names like "Emmett," "Atticus," "Rufus," "Daisy," and "Peggy Sue". Each name tag had a line of introduction, such as "I won first place in my garden club for my azaleas," "My great grand-pappy fought with Lee in Virginia," and "My favorite treat is a mint julep on the front porch (non-alcoholic, of course)." The meal was Southern--pimento cheese spread on crackers, barbecued ribs, sweet potato casserole, and carrot cake for dessert.
Jenny's mom and dad, Dave and Shelly Leatham, joined us, as did her brother, Danny, and his children.
Saturday, July 16, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment