Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Southern Comfort

 Yum!  Everybody loves barbecue.  On July 29, 2018, the Spendloves and friends gathered for Southern comfort--fresh corn, brisket, and barbecued ribs.
 We invited Daniel and Dalyn Thomas and their family, as well as our neighbor, Carol Garza.  Daniel is a member of our bishopric and David is the Thomas' minister.  I also do legal work for Daniel's shopping center, so I was particularly determined that the food be good and the party fun.  Camille's special assignment was to make sure the Thomases felt at home!
 Camille enjoyed getting to know Dalyn.
Ezra has come a long way since his days of not wanting to eat any of those "dirty animals."  I think he even tried a rib or two.
 Mia is Camille's youngest, but Camille says Mia is already "very organized" with a "strong personality."  A common characteristic of my children and grandchildren is strong personalities!  The opinions fly at family gatherings.
 Dave and his brother, Alan, enjoyed having a quiet minute alone.
 Our first course was the best drink in the state--the apple cider from the Red Barn in Payson.
 Sophia is already a good cook.  She fried onion rings to accompany the cider.
I brought out the red checked table cloths for an all-American meal of barbecued meats with corn on the cob.  Heidi has a very fun hat collection.  Her hats are as distinctive to her as my 350 necklaces are to me!

 We filled two large tables with guests.  The youngsters gathered at the family room table.
Daniel's daughters, Mika, Ember, Maren, and Dagny joined Sophie, Ezra, and Mia.  The Thomases also brought a couple of cousins who were visiting.  The young people were all bright and fun-loving, and they seemed to have a good time together.  I sent the extra corn on the cob home with little Dagny, whose favorite food it is.

No comments: