Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Art and Ice Cream with the Little Guys

Jonny loves art.  He is also committed to helping his boys love art, too.  On November 24, 2021, after attending Meg and Grant's party, Mike, Jonny, Jonny's boys, and I visited the BYU Art Museum.  I admit that I laughed, more than I helped, as Jonny herded his three little guys through the art museum.
Jonny finally corralled Thomas in the stroller, after he ran off one too many times.  And then Henry disappeared....
 
Thomas, like Houdini, tried to set himself free.

As we went from room to room Henry and Sam each picked out the largest picture, the smallest picture, and their favorite picture.  Jonny then talked with Sam and Henry about their favorite pictures.  “That’s an impressionist painting,” I mentioned to Sam.  “Yes, I know ‘impressionist,’” Sam said.  Jonny's family lives just 2 1/2 hours from Chicago, and they often visit the Art Institute there, with its many masterpieces.  Bit by bit, Jonny is creating art connoisseurs.
Good taste, Henry.  That's the Mona Lisa.

Kirsten met us at the Art Museum.  We all had ice cream cones at The Creamery, the ice cream shop at BYU.  Kirsten described working there to help pay for her college tuition, as well as working as a janitor, serving food at the Wilkinson Center, and ushering at football games.  She is glad to finally be done with those low-paying jobs, and to now be getting paid for her work in the lab!  What a girl--Kirsten will graduate with no student debt!


No comments: