Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Sugar Overdose


 For many years, I have made big pots of caramel to give as Christmas gifts to family, fellow workers, and neighbors.  It is a big job, and I wait until I am in the mood.  I told Camille, at dinner on Sunday, that I was in the mood to make caramels on Monday evening, November 22, 2021.  I was delighted, as I checked the front porch for Christmas packages on Monday evening, to see Camille and her three daughters—Emilie, Sophia, and Mia—getting out of their car and heading towards our door. “We’ve come to help make your caramels,” they said.  Camille and her girls stayed for three hours and helped me measure, cook, and stir.  Our assembly line was much faster than me alone.  Eventually, Camille took the girls home, because Emilie has to work tomorrow.  I finished the batches, and counted 12 pans of caramels, including regular, cherry, licorice, chocolate, maple nut, rum nut, and orange.  I later had a "work party" with some of my Flindt grandchildren to wrap the caramels.

No comments: