.jpg)
I paused, during our walking tour of Cadiz on November 16, 2024, to savor a churro dipped in hot chocolate. That is a favorite Spanish treat.
I enjoy finding similarities between colonial South America and its motherland, Spain. Just like the cities of Mexico or Peru, the city of Cadiz has several large plazas, filled with large trees and people-watchers.
Our guide led us through the narrow alleys of old Cadiz, where flamenco dancers practiced their moves for the tournament going on in the plaza facing the cathedral.
.jpg)
We spent an hour at the historical museum, where I especially enjoyed the artifacts from Roman times. I remember the Apostle Paul, in the New Testament, saying that he hoped to travel to Spain to preach. I didn't realize, before this trip, how many Roman settlements there were in Spain at the time Paul was alive.
We also visited the fish market in this seaside town. The variety was incredible!
It was fun just to wander the alleyways, stopping by such spots as the local lottery shop.
Back on the ship, the Terrace Cafe offered a "Chef's special" night of Spanish specialties. We tasted the paella, Spanish tortilla, flan, and other specialties also offered in Cadiz restaurants.

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment