The tribal king held an audience for four busloads of Oceania tourists. Togo now has a parliamentary national government, but the president consults with tribal leaders about important matters. We learned, during our visits to West Africa, that West Africans, whether living in rural villages or big cities, identify with their tribes and the tribes' leaders. This scepter was given by Queen Victoria to the king to commemorate the end of slavery.We visited a home and temple for voodoo priests and priestesses. The priestesses arrived, dressed in white.
The voodoo priest joined the line of priestesses.
During the day we witnessed several "welcome" ceremonies, which involved adding liquids to a gourd bowl and then pouring them out on the ground.
A friendly woman in orange beckoned members of the audience to dance with her. She was rewarded with tips tucked into her ample bosom!
I wondered which of these ladies was my age.
As usual, a visit to a fishing village was included in our tour. I have now seen lots of African fishing villages, but I love them all, for their picturesque boats, landscapes, and people.
A beautiful woman presided over the smoking of the fish.
And, of course, I can never resist the African children.
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment