Tuesday, August 5, 2025

And the Ironing, Too (7.19.25)

I am so practical.  Dave suggested we spend a night at our cabin on July 19, 2025.  I agreed, but insisted on carting along my steam iron, spray bottle, and huge bin of ironing.  I finished the whole bin.  Dave went to bed early, enjoying the cool mountain air, after hot Salt Lake. I ironed far into the night.  
The sign by the road identifies our cabin as "The Spend Love Nest" (Dave's parents' sign, not ours, but now we kind of like its funkiness).  Reading and ironing don't fit the common perception of a "Love Nest," but Dave and I spent a very pleasant evening.
The next morning, we rode the four-wheelers around Pine Mountain.  We rode high up on the ridge, where there is a view far down the Weber River valley.  We zipped past new, million dollar cabins and also the elegant cabin that was reduced to just $350,000 during the last recession.  It was tempting, at the time!  

Dave recently gave me a list of everything I should do at each of our houses if he dies before I do.  Servicing the four-wheelers and wheedling them into life may be one of the harder tasks on that list.
Someday, I may learn to just sit and enjoy the views at the cabin, rather than bringing the ironing.  That may not happen anytime soon!
A new ritual, during our cabin visits, is a meal at the Oakley diner.  The restaurant is remodeled, there's a new chef, and the food is good.  The diner even sponsors special events, such as Vietnamese pho on Wednesdays and prime rib on Sundays!

No comments: