My peonies are starting to bloom, and blue centaurea fills my front and back flower beds like a weed.
Camille provided a beautiful tray for the weekly Sunday dinners that keep me busy, and I have read, over and over, my children's and grandchildren's Mother's Day cards, both from each member of the Ebert family, and this beautiful handmade card from Heidi, with a touching note written by Mike.
My brother, Scott, has scheduled a series of videotaped Zoom discussions at which Scott, Kent, and I have shared memories of growing up together in Burma and Ethiopia. The schedule will continue with sessions about each of our parents, our most influential relatives, and our memories of each other. What fun! This treasure trove of family history will be available for our families.
Mike has a new project, as well, appropriate to his new role as "pater familias". He has kept himself busy, so far this year, with flying his two drones, making a series of videos entitled "Audrey's Babylife," and studying Spanish and Italian (as well as working).
Mike's lot has gorgeous views of the mountains, and he will have some very fancy neighbors.
Another project I have enjoyed recently is putting together a power point presentation about women's suffrage in Utah for my Daughters of Utah Pioneers "camp". Half the fun was finding vintage photos and cartoons, such as the depiction of the "Great Indignation March" by 5,000 Relief Society women in 1868, lobbying for the vote in Territorial Utah.
I also liked this cartoon, from 1920, celebrating adoption of the Nineteenth Amendment, through which women obtained the vote throughout the U.S.
I finished the presentation with this photo of Mother at 95, still voting religiously at each municipal, state, and federal election. I know, because I took her to the polls most times, helping her to maneuver her walker and figure how to use the new electronic polling machines.















No comments:
Post a Comment