Friday, May 15, 2020

Surviving Covid-19

Utah adopted a four-stage Covid-19 recovery plan.  The "red" stage was a voluntary lock-down, begun March 26, 2020, with all but essential businesses closed.  Two of the most-missed businesses were barbers and hairdressers.  Heidi came to the rescue!  On April 18, 2020, she gave Dave a haircut.  He had his hair trimmed extra short, to get him through to the "orange" stage, beginning May 1, 2020, when barbers came back to work.  I bought a $3 box of hair dye at Walmart and rubbed it through my hair, just guessing at the color.  Sort of brassy, but it will hold me until my hairdresser of 35 years, Nancy Yearsley, can work again. 
 While Dave got his makeover, Mike and I rejoiced that all of his 25 or more tenants paid their rent for April.
My assistant, Cate Benton, and I are both working from home.  On May 12, 2020, we met clients at my office building in downtown SLC for an estate plan signing.  It was a "drive-by"; they parked their car by the side of the building and stood on the curb with their own blue pen.  Cate and I, properly masked and gloved, brought the stack of documents.  Cate was the notary, I was one witness, and we recruited an extra secretary as the second witness.  I am scheduled to appear at two hearings on land use issues during the next few weeks.  I will appear "virtually", by Zoom!

No comments: