When an event is really special, it deserves to be celebrated with a Backer's cake, with lots of flowers. The baker asked what our favorite colors were. Jonny, who was in charge of the cake, said "blue," so we got blue roses. I'm intrigued. I already have a purple rose bush in my collection. I'll look for a blue one!
There was a big crew to help with dinner, from filling the water glasses to barbecuing tri-tip steak.
Annelise set the tables with fresh flowers and patterned paper.
Family members played lawn games in Camille's backyard. Grant and Meg are "almost engaged."
Henry checked out the fancy tables. He couldn't quite find his role!
Mia blew bubbles.
Emilie tied the balloons to the chairs.
Steve was the chef.
Jono has been home from his mission to Japan for a couple of months. Emilie is still thrilled to have her brother back.
Naomi is expecting Ellie in August.
Jenny is great in the kitchen.
Dave and I just enjoyed being the reason for all the fuss. "Who could have imagined all this when we got married 50 years ago?" he asked. "Yes," I agreed. 'We have an empire."



















No comments:
Post a Comment