Friday, December 26, 2025

Tending Calder (12.15.25)

Calder is my special boy.  He was born on my birthday, March 17, and given my maiden name.  On December 15, 2025, Dave and I spent the evening tending Calder, as Mike and Heidi took Audrey to a play at Hale Theater for which you have to be at least five years old.  Calder missed the cut-off by a year and three months.  Dave and I traded off playing with Calder in one-hour segments.  I started, easing myself onto Calder and Audrey's giant teddy bear and reading Calder "The Grinch."
On Christmas morning Calder arrived at my house for breakfast in a new set of Grinch pajamas!

Calder is good at puzzles and very mechanical.


Dave soon spelled me off.
Calder insisted there were ghosts in the house.  Dave and Calder went looking for them, including in Mike's dark theater.
It was treat to spend a few hours with cute Calder, as well as just basking in the beauty of Mike and Heidi's house, all decorated for Christmas.

No comments: