Canning is in my blood. Every summer, while I was growing up, Mom and Dad canned hundreds of quarts of fruit--peaches, cherries, pears, applesauce. This week, September 8, 2022, I ordered a bushel of Tagge's peaches . They make great peach crisps, to serve with barbecue. They are also a good "bishop's wife" gift for people who are ill or sad.
I also attended a class at Gygi's on canning peaches. It was taught by Kari Tagge herself, from whom I order weekly boxes of produce during the 15 weeks of summer and fall each year.
On September 17, 2022, I canned 35 quarts of peaches. Spencer Flindt's wife, Naomi, wanted to learn how to can salsa, so we joined forces. I had some tomatoes from my garden, so I froze a few pints of salsa, myself, as well as helping Naomi to learn the traditional art of canning.
Dave filmed the whole operation from upstairs.
Naomi's salsa tasted great. She says she thinks she'll have a garden and can again next year.





No comments:
Post a Comment