Monday, November 7, 2022

Snowbird

Our week at Snowbird's Iron Blossam Lodge each fall is a hallowed tradition.  On September 10, 2022, we checked into Room 618, pulled open the curtains, and admired the gorgeous granite cliff before us, studded with evergreens and ski runs.
We then strolled past the fish pond and picnic tables to the Oktoberfest Halle, where the party was on.
German polka bands play all day Saturday and Sunday at Snowbird's Oktoberfest, from Labor Day to mid-October.  

I love the music and I love the people-watching.





The band belted out old favorites, like the “Chicken Dance” and “Roll Out the Barrel.”  A conga line formed, dancing around the hall and out onto the patio.  I joined in, laughing and singing.  
We ate dinner at SeventyOne, Snowbird's restaurant named after the year that Snowbird opened, 1971.  That was also the year after David and I were married.  We felt right at home in the teal/gold/rust furnishings--the high fashion colors of that era!

Another day, we ate at the Forklift--salads and burgers.

During our week at Snowbird, we try all the restaurants.  Our favorite is the Aerie, a gourmet place with beautiful views of the mountains.


It is the mountain views that make us love fall and almost forget the hassles of living in a city.



Almost!

No comments: