Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Peruvian Feast

We ate a Peruvian feast for Sunday dinner on October 23, 2022.  Bryce and Kirsten joined us from BYU.

 Michael K and Rebekah brought cute Lily, who is nicknamed “Lily Pad.”  My doll collection is irresistible to my little granddaughters and great-granddaughters!

    

Michael and Heidi also joined us, before leaving next week for three weeks in New Zealand. 

Audrey has decided she likes traveling, so we hope the New Zealand trip will be a happy one for her!

I used my new red and blue alpaca throw blankets as table runners, and furry stuffed llamas as table decorations.   We had chichi morada (purple corn drink spiced with cinnamon sticks) and empanadas for the appetizer, and lomo saltado for the entrée (stir-fried beef with tomatoes and onions). I accompanied  the lomo saltado with rice and French fries, as they do in Peru, and with a salad of fresh corn, lima beans, radishes, and onions, in a vinaigrette dressing.  We had passion fruit cheesecake for dessert, just like Dave and I ate at one of the luxury hotels during our trip to Peru.

"It always tastes good," David tells me after each dinner, when I grill him as to whether this dinner was too bland or too this or too that.

Bryce brought two friends from BYU.  “I love to meet your friends,” I told Bryce, and I assured the friends that they were welcome any time Bryce wants to bring them with him. 

Calder Burke was a dinner guest.  He is now showing his personality--calm but bright and alert.
Audrey already has strong opinions, within that angelic little body.


No comments: