Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Peach Blossoms and Angus Beef

My goal this year is to visit ten LDS temples which are new to me.  My first one was the Brigham City, Utah, temple, at which Dave and I attended temple ordinances on January 5, 2019.  Each temple has distinctive design elements and is also meaningful to Dave and me for different reasons.  Dave's mission president, Boyd K. Packer, came from Brigham City.  Dedicating this temple was a moving experience for President Packer in 2012, shortly before he died.
Brigham City is known for its delicious peaches.  Peach blossoms were incorporated into the stained glass windows.
The temple ordinance rooms were decorated with paintings of the Wasatch Front, the same mountains which border Salt Lake City, and which we have grown to love throughout our lives.
After our temple session, we stopped for dinner at Maddox, which brings back many fond memories.  Dave stopped for dinner at Maddox many times with his high school girl friend, Diane Smith, as they traveled with Diane's family to Bear Lake for family water skiing trips.  My dad loved the steaks and rolls at Maddox, too, and I ate there many times as I was growing up.
The prime rib is as luscious as I remembered.
And the rolls, with honey butter and raspberry butter, are as "Utahn" as any food I know.  My skills as a homemaker have been measured by how light my rolls are!

No comments: