Christmas was happening during Sunday dinner on December 2, 2018. Dave assumed the role of decorating for Christmas, and the tree was up, the Christmas dishes taken from storage, Christmas decorations and poinsettias arranged around the house, and Christmas centerpieces on the table.
I love cooking ethnic meals, and our theme for dinner was Polish. This year I just served Polish food, but another time I'd love to add other Polish traditions. What is the personal connection to Poland? Just an interest in the culture, although the Van Albenslevens, one of my ancestral families, did live in an area of eastern Prussia that is now Poland.
Our menu was pork roast stuffed with prunes and onions, sliced potatoes in cheese sauce, marinated cucumbers, and for dessert, a fluffy Polish cheesecake.
Alas, my spread was nothing as elaborate as some real Polish Christmas dinners!
My decorations lacked the charm of this manger scene.
And I could have used some Polish Christmas carols, as well.
But we did have great guests! We always love to host Camille's Mia and Ezra.
Steve is a good sport about his mother-in-law's entertaining excesses.
Heidi looked very festive with her British-style "fascinator".
Dave's brother, Alan, and his wife, Shauna, are beloved regulars.
And Dave loved the guests and good food, if not all the fuss.
Sunday, January 20, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment