Monday, November 17, 2025

Trolls and Blotkake (10.12.25)

Every Sunday, when I am in Salt Lake, I host a Sunday dinner with ethnic food.  I have more than 30 different menus, for whichever family members and friends are hungry and in town.  On October 12, 2025, I hosted a Norwegian dinner, to celebrate Dave's and my recent cruise down the Norwegian coast, from Svalbard to Alesund.  We were delighted that Annie Ebert's fiance, Mason Thomas, could join us.
The dinner included Norwegian specialties, including stuffed pork loin, au gratin potatoes, rye bread, cucumber salad, and blotkake (cake layered with cream and berries) for dessert.  I set out my collection of trolls.
The Lofoten Islands, off the west coast of Norway, are one of my son, Mike's,
favorite places in the world.  Camille's son, Jono, and Jono's wife, Sarah, went hiking in the Lofoten Islands with Mike several years ago.
 
Heidi and Audrey will leave soon, with Mike and Calder, for three weeks in Japan.  We will celebrate with ramen, gyoza, and tonkatsu when they return!
Dave's brother's wife, Shauna, still joins us for dinner after the death of her husband, Alan.  Shauna's friend, Susan, joins Shauna in helping me with last minute dinner preparations.
And, of course, the lord of the manor presides.

No comments: