For Easter Sunday, April 5, 2026, I set out my collection of Ukrainian Easter eggs in the entryway, along with my sign that says “Easter – it’s not about the bunny; it’s about the Lamb.” It was a time to appreciate our blessings and have good talk with the family members I love. Michael K's wife, Rebekah, has a challenging job with American Express, which she has handled with tact and creativity. It was good to catch up over a slice of lemon cheesecake with blueberry sauce.
When Henry asked me what the theme of the dinner was, I said, “It’s Easter food.” Dave bought a honeybaked ham, which I served with sweet potato casserole, brown rice casserole, homemade rolls, and lemon cheesecake. I dressed the tables with yellow, embroidered organdy tablecloths, to welcome spring.
Michael
Kay joined us with Rebekah, Lily, and Soren. Lily and Audrey promptly ran off
together, including walking outside among my new spring plants.
The little kids have a great time together. I add to my collections of stuffed animals and foreign dolls each time I travel. Calder especially likes the the stuffed weta, a big, cockroach-like creature from New Zealand, and the octopus from the South Pacific. Michael K's daughter, Lily, likes to pick flowers in my backyard and take home a bouquet.
Michael K's son, Soren, looks amazingly like Michael K did as a little boy--very cute!Bryce is another favorite guest. He is studying at BYU and being promoted again and again at his part-time job with Dick's Sporting Goods, a national firm.









No comments:
Post a Comment