We were looking for a good $50 Vegas show and something to eat. With a bit of luck, Dave, Jonny, Mike and I stumbled on a fusion of Asia and The Strip. The show we chose, the weekend of December 17, was Matsuri, a mix of Japanese gymnastics and dance.
There were gymnasts doing the splits as they leaped over platforms, ripped guys twirling ribbons in huge arcs, and dancers in samurai warrior stances.

There were girls playing jump rope with hula hoops and a geisha who paraded in her silk kimono.
After the show, the cast met the guests in the lobby, calling out, "Sayonara." It was glitzy and charming, half Oriental and half Vegas. We then ate at Beijing Noodle No. 9, a chic Chinese restaurant in Caesar's Palace.
An article in Bon Appetit Magazine reviewing Beijing Noodle #9 was featured prominently near the maitre d's desk. "These are the best noodles I've ever eaten," Dave said of the noodles the chefs sliced and cooked in a big vat of water as we waited. They were then doused with Eastern sauces, veggies, and meat.







1 comment:
I had a great time down there. Thanks again.
Post a Comment