Thursday, January 6, 2011

First Step

The big event, when I visited the Eberts over the November 12 weekend, was Mia's first step. She teetered...and she toddled. Ezra and Mia also loved the stuffed sheep I brought from Ireland.


Sophia and the camera are good friends.
Sophia showed me her Halloween art projects.

She also showed me how much Ezra and she enjoy their swimsuits, even outside the house in November.
Camille, Emilie, Sophia, and I had an evening out at the Lemon Thai restaurant in Wellesley...
before picking Annelise and her friends up from a Primary Activities Day service project.
It was the last day of soccer season, and I captured team portraits of Annelise's and Emilie's teams.


Sophia had a soccer trophy, too.
I roamed Camille's house grabbing one adorable shot after another.


"We went on an adventure with Grandma," Annelise pronounced, after Camille, Emilie, Annelise and I finished our afternoon touring the Otis House in downtown Boston and having our choice of ethnic food at Quincy Market.
We learned about Sally Otis, who slept in a canopy bed with silk from China and ate on a dining table shipped from Britain, laid with Chinese porcelain. Her 1700s American culture was influenced by three continents.


Camille and I shared Indian naan and mango lassis at Quincy Market, while Annelise picked macaroni and cheese, the specialty of the shop shown below and Emilie had (I think!) a gyro. Gelato was a favorite for all of us.


Back home, Jono was having a fun evening with the guys.
After Church on Sunday...
we headed north to Ipswich to visit a wolf recovery center, where animals injured in the wild were raised and studied. At the end of the program, we howled and the wolves howled back.




Afterwards, we gathered in Rockport at Roy's Fish Shack...
for Sophia's and Annelise's first lobster.


We walked down the quaint streets of Rockport at twilight to get an ice cream.




It was a happy day!

No comments: