Simpson Springs is the site of a pony express station, whose walls are still standing.

There were ATV trails among the sagebrush that I wish we could have explored.
Next stop was Fish Springs, a national wildlife refuge which is on the international flyway.
On this fall day, many birds were migrating from north to south.
We stopped in an isolated spot for some pistol practice.



We stopped again at Wilson Hot Springs, where Native Americans used to suspend their dead in the hot springs for a sort of mummification. Now there were just rusty school buses and ground too soggy to hike to the springs.
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Shades of Grandpa Cliff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
If you announced a desert trip and I were in Utah, we would have jumped at the opportunity! I love this tradition! My kids still talk about the time we took a desert trip when they were about 5 and 3.
Mom, your pictures are great! It looks like it was a fun time.
Post a Comment