
What was the highlight of our trip over Labor Day to Chicago? Was it Wiggly Field, the Milwaukee Art Museum, or hiking a nature trail with the skyline of Chicago all about us? Was it relaxing with Jonny and Jenny at Lincoln Park Zoo? Jonny planned an agenda before we arrived, and it was full and fascinating. We started Friday with a morning walk around Hyde Park, visiting the spot where Enrico Fermi split the atom.


We then chose fresh orange juice and Danish pastries for breakfast at Medici's.

We then hiked a portion of the prairie trail near Lake Michigan...

with its lake views...


city and prairie views...

and statues.

We checked out the controversial Marilyn Monroe statue in downtown Chicago ("It's a scene from a movie set in New York City." "It's soft porn.")

We then made our way north to Racine, Wisconsin, for the best paella and other Spanish dishes we'd ever tasted. Jonny located the Old Madrid Cafe for us.

We drove on to Milwaukee and visited the spectacular Milwaukee Art Museum...
4 comments:
What a great time we had with wonderful children. Thanks for the time you spend putting this together and recording the great memories
Best blog post yet! I'm always amazed by how much stuff we do when you guys are in town. We had a great time.
What a great weekend! I can't believe how much we fit in. I wish I could have joined you on some of those days I worked, but I had a great time on the other days!
sorry the most recent comment is from Jenny.
Post a Comment