Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Sam and Henry: at Their Resort

 I asked my granddaughter, Annelise Ebert, how it felt to move back to Utah after having lived for five years in Boston and Columbus, Ohio.  "Of course I was glad to move back," she said.  "Utah is where I vacationed.  It's where I went hiking and skiing.  It was my resort."  Jonny tells me he is trying to create the same love of Utah in his little boys, Sam, Henry, and Thomas.  "Then someday, when we move back to Utah, they'll want to come," he says.  Jonny's boys stayed with us over Christmas, and Jonny and Jenny shared with them all Utah had to offer.  They boys hiked up "Sugar Loaf," behind our Salt Lake house, and looked out over the entire, beautiful Salt Lake Valley--a better view than Brigham Young had!
They lay on our couches, playing with iPhones and iPads and watching unlimited Netflix cartoons of Superdog.

 They visited "Scales and Tails", where they got to hold and look at creepy, crawly things.




 And they took skiing lessons.  That's Henry, inside all the gear.
Sam went skiing several days with his dad, and became good enough to ski down the blue (moderate) runs, and not just the green (easy) ones.  I am very jealous--Sam is already a better skier than I ever was!

No comments: