Mike took Dave and me to an Ethiopian restaurant on March 10, 2023, as my Christmas present. It was delightful to sit and talk for an hour or a bit more, as well as to scoop up the spicy bits of meat and vegetables ("wat") with pieces of spongy, sourdough Ethiopian bread ("injera").
Dave posed for my photo.
I love Ethiopian food, but I always wonder, when I cook it for my family, if they love it as much as I do!
I had a strong sense of deja vu, as I looked at the decorations of the restaurant. My mother kept an Ethiopian basket like this one in our home for many years. I spent 8th and 9th grade in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and I have memories of bright woven baskets, black-and-white monkey skin rugs, and solid gold charm bracelets, bought when the price of gold was almost reasonable!
Thursday, December 28, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment